F.O.C.U.S. Roundtable Meeting – What does “that” mean!? Deciphering Psycho-Educational Assessments
22 九月 2016 @ 10:00 上午 - 12:00 下午 HKT$200
Dr. Edwin Chin, Clinical Psychologist, will give a presentation to discuss the common issues relating to psycho-educational assessments.
- Reasons for referral – Why do schools request assessments? How does it help them help my child?
- Assessment process – What are Psychometrics and what exactly do they assess?
- Understanding the results – Scaled scores, T-Scores, Composite scores, Percentiles – what do all the numbers mean (and which one do I need to look at)?
- Follow-up: What do I do with the report? How do I help my child receive the right support?
This talk is suitable for parents of children and adolescents aged 6-18. Teachers/Educators are welcome.
Roundtable meetings are monthly parents/educators information and support meetings. The format is informal and highly inter-active with lots of time for Q&A. We welcome you to come with questions and share your concerns. Feel free to invite your friends.
10am – 12noon (9:45pm registration, coffee/tea and cookies)
- Members (Free)
- Non-Members ($200)
- Priority will be given to members on a first-come-first-served basis.