1-Day Course on “Advanced Intervention for Ideational Praxis: Affordances to Executive Function” (CA-16-A-04)
18 三月 2016 @ 8:00 上午 - 5:00 下午 HKTHKD2000
Praxis (motor planning) is the ability to conceive, organise, and carry out a sequence of unfamiliar actions. Praxis problems in children with sensory integration deficits (including those with ASD) and their impact on functional performance have always been neglected. Additionally, difficulties in generating ideas and plans for actions are common problems in children with sensory integration and praxis deficits. These ideational problems can be particularly difficult to treat.
Contents & Objectives:
- advanced intervention strategies to address ideational problems in children with sensory integration and praxis deficits, including ASD
- intervention addressing difficulties in recognising and acting on action/object affordances and problems in representational thought
- relationship of ideation in praxis with executive function skills.
Upon completion of programme, participants can:
- observe and identify behaviours indicative of ideational problems
- identify bottom-up intervention and promoting object and action affordances
- utilise top-down intervention for promoting representational thought
- describe how ideational problems & their intervention related to executive function
- develop treatment plan for addressing ideational praxis difficulties.
Remarks: Prerequisite for the 1-day course: Certificate holder of “Clinical Assessment and Practical Interventions for Praxis: From Ideation to Execution”
Accreditation: CPD-OT: 6 points; CPD-PT: 4 points
Early Bird: $1,900 (deadline: 31st March 2016)
Early Bird Combo: $5,300 (2-day course + 1-day course)
Early Bird Deadline: 31st March 2016