As our society evolves, our understanding of how children learn has changed. We also know that some children learn very differently so it is vital to provide differentiated education to help them learn effectively. We are an organisation with strong convictions and ambitious goals:
- We believe all children can develop their strengths to flourish.
- We believe every child deserves the fair opportunity and right to learn alongside their peers.
- We strive to be accessible to families in need in the Hong Kong community.
- We treasure partnership with families.
- We are a non-profit organisation that focuses on maximising the benefits to our community.
A Hong Kong where all children have equal rights to education irrespective of their race, language, cultural or socioeconomic background.
- In our teaching we value evidence based techniques, the latest teaching practices and tailored early intervention for every child.
- In our professional team we value the breadth of experience of our qualified professionals, their resourcefulness and adaptability.
- In our leadership we value professionalism, accountability, governance and a strong vision for the future.
For every child to succeed in their unique learning journey.
Passionate about teaching and children with special needs, Louise has a long tenure at the CDC and has contributed to the amazing growth of the organisation.
Having worked as a Speech and Language Therapist at the CDC since 1999, Julie now heads the therapy department with her extensive skills and experience in working with young children and families.
With professional training from Australia and the UK, plus multi-national corporate experience, Rohnii works in both the service and the development areas of the CDC.
Dr. Yvonne Becher
A dedicated and experienced psychologist, Yvonne has provided consultancy for UNICEF-led projects and partners with The University of Hong Kong on word regarding early childhood development.
Isabel has solid experience in working with children. Upon receiving her psychology undergraduate degree in the U.S., Isabel further pursued professional training in Educational Psychology and Expressive Arts Therapy in Hong Kong.
Olivia is an experienced and passionate teacher who treasures every child’s uniqueness and is dedicated in inspiring child’s learning.
Trained in Canada where he practised for over 15 years, Thomas added to the CDC team his extensive experience in delivering occupational therapy.
With a desire to help children to lead a full life and function independently, Natalie joined CDC as soon as she moved to Hong Kong from the UK.
Jonathan joined CDC as an Occupational Therapist to further strengthen his expertise within a multidisciplinary team. He believes that interacting with children can develop one’s flexibility, patience and creativity.
An experienced professional, Halijah brings physiotherapy and expertise training from Australia with specialty training in sensory integration.
With well over 10 years of occupational therapy experience, Coley is a well-rounded therapist who has a wealth of knowledge in working with young children with individual needs.
Following her passion to work with children through therapy and play, Cherie joined CDC in 2014 after working as a paediatric occupational therapist in the Philippines, Beijing and Shanghai.
Karen joined the CDC after receiving her speech and language pathology qualifications in the UK, bringing her experience in Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) and psychology.
Carrie is an experienced social worker and has an unwavering commitment to bettering the welfare of children and young people with different levels of needs and abilities.