4th Floor, Prime Mansion, 183-187 Johnston Rd., Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Dr. Yvonne Becher
Ph.D., The University of Hong Kong
M.Clin.Psych, Macquarie University, Australia
B.A. (Hons), (Psychology), University of Tasmania, Australia
Dr. Yvonne Becher brings an extensive clinical background as an experienced and distinguished psychologist to the role of Executive Director. She maintains strong links to both academic and behavioural research, consulting on UNICEF projects and partnering with The University of Hong Kong as a lecturer and on projects relating to early childhood development.
Yvonne Becher effectively facilitates assessment, therapy and specialised education of children with SEN, in an atmosphere of openness, tolerance and respect. She is guided by the vision to build a more open-minded and accepting society.
To her role, she brings broad experience gained from working in private clinics and NGO’s in Hong Kong and Government assessment centres and hospitals in Australia. She combines expertise in clinical, educational and developmental psychology. Educated in Germany and Australia, Yvonne obtained her PhD in Special Education in Hong Kong.
Yvonne believes the CDC’s multi-disciplinary approach and its emphasis on meeting the individual needs of each child and family is critical to its success.
- Registered as Associate Fellow of HKPS
- Registered with AHPRA, Australia
- Member, College of Educational & Developmental Psychologists (APS)
- Accredited facilitator for:
- Group Triple P (Positive Parenting Programme) courses
- Group Stepping Stones Triple P (Positive Parenting Programme for children with special needs) courses
- Certified TALIHealth provider