4th Floor, Prime Mansion, 183-187 Johnston Rd., Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Dr. Yvonne Becher
Acting Chief Executive | Director, Programme Development & Learning
Ph.D (HKU), MClinPsych (Macqu U, Australia)
Dr. Yvonne Becher was appointed Acting Chief Executive of the CDC in March 2018, originally joining the organisation in 2004. An experienced and distinguished psychologist, she maintains strong links to both academic and behavioural research, consulting on UNICEF projects and partnering with The University of Hong Kong as a lecturer and on projects relating to early childhood development.
Yvonne Becher facilitates the effective assessment, therapy and specialised education of children with SEN, in an atmosphere of openness, tolerance and respect. As a mother of two teenage daughters, she also seeks to build a more open-minded and accepting society.
To this role, she brings broad experience gained from working in both private clinics and NGO’s in Hong Kong and Government assessment centres and hospitals in Australia. She combines expertise in clinical, educational and developmental psychology. Educated in Germany and Australia, Yvonne obtained her PhD in Special Education in Hong Kong.
Yvonne believes CDC’s multi-disciplinary approach and its emphasis on meeting the individual needs of each child and family is critical to its success.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Psychology, University of Tasmania, Australia
- Master of Clinical Psychology, Macquarie University, Australia
- PhD in Special Education, The University of Hong Kong
- Registered psychologist in Australia and Hong Kong
- Member, College of Educational & Developmental Psychologists (APS)
- Accredited facilitator for Group Triple P (Positive Parenting Programme) courses
- Accredited facilitator for Group Stepping Stones Triple P (Positive Parenting Programme for children with special needs) courses
- Co-Vice Chairperson, Playright Children’s Play Association