4th Floor, Prime Mansion, 183-187 Johnston Rd., Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Dr. Evita Kam
Head of Services
EdD, M.Ed. (Special Education), Education University of Hong Kong
PGDE (Special Education), University of Hong Kong
B.Sc (Psychology), Chinese University of Hong Kong
Dr. Evita Kam has extensive teaching experience in the special education sector. She maintains strong links to academia and supervises the CDC frontline team to maximise children’s developmental potential as well as promote the importance of parenting in Hong Kong.
Evita Kam completed a degree in Psychology and then went on to take a postgraduate degree in Special Education. She obtained her EdD in Special Education in Hong Kong.
Evita has over ten years of experience in working with toddlers, children, and adolescents with additional needs in both mainstream and special needs settings. She has been supervising and training volunteers, interns, teachers and therapists. She also conducted professional training and parent intervention programmes at different NGOs and Special Schools in Hong Kong as well as at The Education University of Hong Kong.
Evita believes “if children can’t learn the way we teach, we should teach the way they learn”. She values the CDC’s multi-disciplinary approach to support individual needs. For her role as a Head of Services, Evita supervises the CDC frontline team to maximise children’s developmental potential and promote the importance of parenting in Hong Kong.
Qualified Kindergarten Teacher (HK)
Registered Child Care Worker (HK)
Registered Child Care Supervisor (HK)
Certification Training in:
- Advanced TEACCH Treatment
- Child Centered Play Therapy (Practitioner Certificate Program)
- Early Childhood Developmental Assessment
- Happy Parenting Facilitator
- House-Tree-Person Projective Drawing Analyst
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Positive Discipline Parent Facilitator (Instructor Training Certificate Course)
- Preschool P.A.T.H.S Teacher training course
- Managing Challenging Behaviours: Team-Teach (Positive Handling)
- Speech and Language Support in Classroom (Level 3)
- Correcting Children’s Pronunciation
- Hong Kong Sign Language
- Jolly Phonics
- Numicon for Primary
- Vestibular system and vision to stimulate children’s ability to read and write training by Kimberly Barthel
- Sensory strategies for Challenging Behaviours in people with ASD or other Developmental Disorders by Kimberly Barthel