4th Floor, Prime Mansion, 183-187 Johnston Rd., Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Curriculum Development Manager / Senior Special Educational Needs Teacher
M.Ed. (Special Education), Education University of Hong Kong
PGDE (Special Education), University of Hong Kong
B.Sc (Psychology), Chinese University of Hong Kong
Evita believes that “if children can’t learn the way we teach, we should teach the way they learn”.
Evita completed a degree in Psychology and then went on to take a postgraduate degree in Special Education. She has over ten years’ experience in working with toddlers, children, and adolescents with additional needs in both mainstream and special needs settings. She has also trained both teachers and practice teachers as well as conducting parent-child interaction intervention programmes in the Education University of Hong Kong.
Evita believes “if children can’t learn the way we teach, we should teach the way they learn”. She values the CDC’s multi-disciplinary approach to support individual needs. For her role as a Curriculum Development Manager, Evita aims to work with her colleagues to maximise children’s developmental potential. She also has a strong belief in not just supporting the children themselves, but also their families.
Evita is currently completing her Doctor of Education in Special Education.
Registered Teacher (HK)
Certification Training in:
- Advanced TEACCH Treatment
- Child Centered Play Therapy (Practitioner Certificate Program)
- Early Childhood Developmental Assessment
- Happy Parenting Facilitator
- House-Tree-Person Projective Drawing Analyst
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Positive Discipline Parent Facilitator (Instructor Training Certificate Course)
- Preschool P.A.T.H.S Teacher training course
- Managing Challenging Behaviours: Team-Teach (Positive Handling)
- Speech and Language Support in Classroom (Level 3)
- Correcting Children’s Pronunciation
- Hong Kong Sign Language
- Jolly Phonics
- Numicon for Primary
- Vestibular system and vision to stimulate children’s ability to read and write training by Kimberly Barthel
- Sensory strategies for Challenging Behaviours in people with ASD or other Developmental Disorders by Kimberly Barthel