4th Floor, Prime Mansion, 183-187 Johnston Rd., Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Speech and Language Therapist
B.Sc (Hons) (Speech and Language Sciences), Newcastle University, UK
Detail-minded Athena strives for dynamic approaches to promote children’s development and well-being.
Athena’s experience of working with children with additional needs allows her to recognise the importance of early social communication skills in shaping children’s motivation to explore their surroundings and to engage with their peers. Therefore, she is driven to promote early communication by adapting personalised intervention to address each child’s individual interests and pace of growth.
Collaboration with members of different disciplines and cultures is a great motivator for Athena. By exchanging thoughts and insights with colleagues, she is inspired to embed integrative and inclusive ideas into classrooms.
In addition, she also emphasises the importance of training and support to parents and teachers so that children’s learning can occur across settings.
- Member of the Hong Kong Association of Speech Therapists (HKAST)
- Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT), UK
- TalkTools Oral Placement Therapy (Levels 1 & 2)
- Makaton (Levels 1 & 2)
- Certified facilitator for the Brick-by-Brick Programme
- Certificate in Sue Larkey Course