One-on-one speech therapy sessions are available for children aged between two to six years of age. Children do not currently have to be enrolled in our programmes to attend these sessions. Therapy sessions focus on developing a child’s overall communication skills and an individualised plan will be devised to address your child’s needs.
Speech and Language Therapy focuses on:
- Preverbal skills such as eye contact, joint attention and using gestures.
- Receptive language – understanding what is said to them.
- Expressive language – using words and sentences, in a variety of different ways and for different purposes.
- Social communication such as turn-taking, staying on topic and using non-verbal communication appropriately.
- Articulation and phonology – producing a full range of speech sounds and using them accurately.