Having good social skills is an important for lifelong success and children often experience difficulties acquiring these skills. The Social Stars group will equip your child with the social skills needed to thrive in their environment. To join this group, your child must be able to follow simple directions and speak in short sentences.
The Programme will address and develop a range of social skills including:
- Building and maintaining positive friendships.
- Peer awareness and interaction.
- Giving compliments.
- Turn-taking and sharing.
- Emotional awareness, identification, expression, and regulation.
- Listening to others.
- Holding conversations.
- Understanding and using non-verbal cues.
- Compromising and losing appropriately.