Maths is a subject that many children find challenging. This twelve-session programme is designed to accelerate progress in mathematical skills, narrow the gap and move forward towards age related expectations. A progress report at the end of the twelve sessions is included.
The programme focuses on:
- Oral counting.
- Counting objects.
- Recognising, naming and writing numerals.
- Recognising and creating sequences.
- Comparing number, the same, smaller than, bigger than.
- Recognising place value; hundreds, tens and units.
- Recognising and naming arithmetic symbols.
- Adding and subtracting.
- Fluent recall of +/- facts.
- Multiplying and dividing.