This is an intense therapeutic group running four afternoons per week. It is designed to address all aspects of your child’s development. Our curriculum is based on the Early Years Guidance from the Department of Education, UK. Your child will be assessed to formulate an individual teaching and therapeutic programme. They are subsequently reassessed in six month intervals. Your child is expected to attend with a parent and/or caregiver until staff members are confident that they have sufficiently settled and can attend independently.
The Giraffes Programme focuses on:
- Physical, personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Space and measures
- Understanding the world
- Art and design
Regular routines and activities are included such as:
- Circle time
- Free play
- Small group activities
- Individual stations
A variety of supplemental classroom curriculums are used, including:
- Literacy enhancement programmes such as:
- Letters and Sounds
- Jolly Phonics
- Handwriting without Tears
- Suggested activities from the Portage Assessment
- Boogie Mites music and movement programme.
The Programme also includes the use of specialised programmes and tools (where appropriate) including:
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) systems such as PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System), Makaton, Switches and GoTalks
- Evidence-based auditory intervention Therapeutic Listening programme.
3 – 6 years
Teacher / Special Child Care Worker supported by a Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist
Tuesday to Friday 1:15pm – 3:45pm (English)
$9,700 paid on a monthly basis
*All group programme fees are calculated on an annual basis and payable each month over the school year (10.5 months).
Children are required to attend with a parent and/or caregiver until staff are confident that the child is sufficiently settled with the routines, teachers and therapists.