This assessment is suitable for children aged 18 months to 6 years who have suspected developmental delays and/or other disorders. Referrals can come from therapists, teachers, doctors or parents themselves. You will receive a full written report with recommendations and goals to facilitate your child’s development.
- You will be given a child history form to be completed prior to the assessment day.
- The assessment is performed using standardised assessment tools. Your child’s developmental levels are measured against standardised norms; as compared with peers of their own age.
- Your child will be assessed in different developmental areas and will receive a score in each area. The assessment covers a large number of development areas including:
- Gross motor (larger body movements)
- Fine motor (smaller body movements e.g. fingers and toes)
- Cognition (process of acquiring knowledge and understanding)
- Social emotional
- You will receive preliminary results verbally on the day of the assessment.
- You will receive a full report approximately two weeks after the assessment.
- After receiving the report, you can schedule a parent review session for a more detailed discussion of the assessment results.