Special Educational Needs Teacher
- 30 October 2017
- Posted by: CDC
- Category: Job Openings,
Job Reference Number: SENT
- Provide an excellent standard of teaching for young children with a wide variety of abilities.
- Assess both formally and informally and devise individual learning plans.
- Create interesting and engaging teaching plans.
- Work closely with parents within the classroom.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team, lead and contribute to meetings both with staff and parents.
- The ability to write reports in both English and Chinese will be an advantage.
- A recognised degree or equivalent in primary or early-years education.
- Further qualifications in the area of special needs desirable.
- A minimum of two years post-qualification teaching experience with pre-school or school-aged children is desirable.
- Experienced in teaching children with autism, PMLD, CLD and those who need behavioural and sensory support.
- Familiar with AACs, PECS, and Makaton.
- Fluent Cantonese and English, written and spoken, Mandarin an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Excellent observation and assessment skills.
- Hong Kong permanent resident status is desirable.
- Be able to work under pressure and be flexible.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- MPF, medical and dental benefits.
- 5-day working week (may include Saturday and or early evening).
- Friendly working environment.
- Interested parties, please submit your application letter and full resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with current and expected salary and earliest available date.
- Candidates not invited for interview within two months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purpose.