- 29 January 2018
- Posted by: CDC
- Category: Job Openings,
Job Reference Number: CE
Reporting to the Executive Committee (ExCo), the Chief Executive (CE) serves as the principal officer of the Child Development Centre (CDC) and, in partnership with the ExCo, is responsible for the success of the CDC organisation.
Together, the ExCo and CE ensure:
- the CDC’s relevance to Hong Kong’s special educational needs (SEN) community;
- the achievement of the CDC Mission and Vision; and
- the accountability of the CDC to its diverse stakeholders.
The ExCo delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the CE, along with the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the ExCo.
The CE provides direction and enables the ExCo to carry out its governance functions.
The CE reports to the ExCo and its Committees on a regular basis, or as agreed. For example, the CE’s Performance Management process and agreeing of annual performance goals is the responsibility of the Staffing Committee.
- Direct SEN experience with young children and a deep understanding of SEN.
- 10 years’ experience of people and organisational management.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Successful experience in fund raising.
- Knowledge of the workings of the Social Welfare Department (not essential)
- A thorough understanding of the Hong Kong Government’s 0-6 policies and provisions.
- Ideally, can communicate in both English and Cantonese.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- MPF, medical and dental benefits.
- 5-day working week (may include Saturday and or early evening).
- Friendly working environment.
- Interested parties, please submit your application letter and full resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with current and expected salary and earliest available date.
- Candidates not invited for interview within two months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purpose.