- This event has passed.
Teacher Talk® Training Series for Early Childhood Educators / Teachers
1 November 2016
One event on 19 November 2016 at 12:00 am
Teacher Talk® can provide you with core strategies from the “Learning Language and Loving It” Program developed by the Hanen Centre for Early Childhood Educators to help you create rich and stimulating language-learning environments for the young children you work with in the early years setting.
“Training A: Encouraging Language Development in Early Childhood Settings” (1 Nov 2016 in Shatin OR 19 Nov 2016 on HK Island)
This training will show you how to use everyday conversations, play and daily routines to promote the communication and social development of all children, including those with language delays and those who are second language learners.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify children’s conversational styles and the role teachers play in interactions
- Implement six steps to following the child’s lead: Observe, Wait and Listen, Be Face to Face, Imitate, Interpret, Comment, and Join in and Play
- Help children become better conversation partners by using appropriate questions, comments and turn-taking cues
- Use five important steps to ensure that no child is left out of the interaction during group activities.
“Training B: Let Language Lead the Way to Literacy” (8 Nov 2016 in Shatin OR 26 Nov 2016 on HK Island)
This training will discuss the important links between oral language development and literacy, and provide you with practical strategies for paving the way for children to read and write.
You’ll learn how to encourage and support literacy development by:
- Helping children develop a positive attitude toward the use of print
- Choosing books that match children’s interests and stages of development
- Using book reading as a time for interaction and conversation
- Making print a natural and meaningful part of every day
Training A is a prerequisite for Training B, all Teacher Talk® participants must attend Training A before attending Training B.
All trainings run from 9:30am-4:30pm (including 1-hour lunch). A certificate of completion will be awarded to each participant.
Cost: HK$900 per head per Training (A corresponding workbook included)
To register for one or more Teacher Talk Training, please complete the registration form, detach, and return together with a cheque (payable to ‘S.A. Law & Co.’) to 2A King’s Court, 9 Consort Rise, Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong.
- S.A. Law & Co.
- +852 92262969
October 24 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am HKT
October 24 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm HKT
ECE SEN Network: Challenges and Opportunities during COVID for Education of SEN Children and FamiliesOctober 30 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am HKT