TalkAbility™ in Hong Kong
October 30 @ 8:30 am - October 31 @ 4:30 pm HKTHKD6500
If you work with verbal children ages 3-7 with high-functioning autism, The Hanen Centre has a one-of-a-kind training opportunity that can help you address the central challenge these children face: developing a theory of mind.
Based on cutting-edge research on what helps these children learn best, the TalkAbility Advanced Workshop provides you with the framework and strategies you need to help parents foster the higher-level language and social skills required to have successful conversations and social relationships.
You’ll help parents make the most of their child’s unique strengths and preferences to promote empathy, conversational skills and perspective-taking during everyday routines and activities.
When you take TalkAbility, you get:
- 1.3 ASHA CEUs or 13 professional development hours
- A summary of the key principles guiding the provision of intervention for children with high-functioning Autism, including information on understanding children’s social thinking skills and the importance of language in the development of empathy
- A set of practical strategies for using specific vocabulary to promote social thinking and for coaching the child, when necessary, during play with a peer.
- Guidelines for leading TalkAbility™ – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Verbal Children on the Autism Spectrum, and for selecting appropriate communication goals for these children
- A comprehensive set of resources, including a detailed Leaders Guide, to support the implementation of the TalkAbility approach in your day-to-day work with parents (approximate value $170)
What professionals say
- “What I really like is how they’ve taken the theory of mind research, which is fairly complex and hard for some parents to grasp, and really put it into a package that is going to be easy to share and, I think, easy for [parents] to understand. That’s going to make a huge difference for the kids.” – Tina Gute Bowering, SLP with Wee Talk and Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- October 30 @ 8:30 am
- October 31 @ 4:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Professionals, Social Skills, Speech & Language
October 23 @ 8:30 am - October 25 @ 4:30 pm HKT
November 1 - November 2