- This event has passed.
SAHK – 2-day “Beckman Oral Motor Assessment & Intervention” (CA-16A-01)
1 April 2016 @ 9:15 am - 2 April 2016 @ 6:30 pm HKTHKD7700
- actively participate in hands-on practice for compensatory handling techniques for tonic bite, tonic bite on a utensil, slow oral transit, tongue thrust, cough, gag & vomit
- complete an oral motor protocol, analyze the results, and discuss data tracking
- complete hands-on practice for specific oral motor interventions to address the deficit areas discovered during baseline assessment
Core Course Contents:
- assessment battery for oro-facial movement patterns using the Beckman protocol
- compensatory handling techniques
- oral motor interventions and treatment techniques
Ms. Debra Beckman has worked in the field of communicative disorders since 1975, specializing in motor speech disorders. She has worked in a variety of settings, including schools, hospitals, universities, home-bound and nursing homes. She has served as a court appointed witness regarding services for the developmentally disabled. Ms. Beckman has published articles in professional books, journals, monographs; and in Exceptional Parent magazine. She has been awarded a US patent for a therapeutic oral probe.
- speech therapists
- occupational therapists
Early bird (before 29 Feb 2016) price: $7000 HKD