- This event has passed.
Persons with High Functioning Autism (HFA) – Cultivating Inclusion from Childhood to Young Adulthood (Part I)
22 April 2016 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm HKTHKD400
Individuals with HFA present learning challenges and assets that require specialised and individualised approach to develop a successful intervention strategy. This seminar, comprising 3 parts, will tap into their learning assets and weaknesses with the emphasis on developing teaching objectives and learning expectations that are educationally and socially valid at different stages of life. By outlining their specific learning needs and the recommended strategies, modifications and accommodations with real case illustration, this seminar will give you a more comprehensive repertoire of knowledge and skills allowing you to adapt your intervention strategy in school, home and community settings across the lifespan of individuals with HFA.
Part I: Social Communication for Preschool Children with HFA
- Intervention strategies in addressing the socio-communication needs for preschoolers
- Group and individual programmes to enhance development of social communication
- Transfer of learning from classroom to real life contexts
- Key components of social communication to a successful transition to primary school
- Working with parents with special concerns
Target: occupational therapist, speech, therapist, psychologist, social worker, teacher
Registration Fee: $400 for each part; $1,000 for combo (all 3 parts)
Accreditations: CPD-psychol; CPD-OT; CPD-PT; CPD-SW (Pending)
For enquiries, call: (+852) 2778-6191 or email: email@example.com