- This event has passed.
It Takes Two to Talk® Certification Workshop
23 October 2018 @ 8:30 am - 25 October 2018 @ 4:30 pm HKTHKD8800
It Takes Two to Talk is a 3-day workshop that offers hands-on, interactive training on parent-implemented, family-centered early language intervention for Speech Therapists who work with young children with language delays (birth to 5 years) and their families.
You’ll learn effective, research-based strategies for involving parents in the early intervention process to ensure the best possible outcomes for their child.
- When you take It Takes Two to Talk, you get:
- 2.2 ASHA Continuing Education Credits or 22 Professional Development Hours
- An effective teaching methodology for coaching parents to use responsive interaction strategies
- An overview of learning styles and principles of adult education and their application to facilitating parents’ learning to be effective language facilitators
- The stages of learning in terms of self-awareness, attitude and behavior change and how to adapt the use of coaching and videotaping with feedback to each stage in order to facilitate parents’ learning and application of strategies
- Certification to lead the evidence-based It Takes Two to Talk – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Language Delay
- An overview of It Takes Two to Talk’s three clusters of responsive interaction strategies – child-centered, interaction-promoting, and language modeling strategies
- A comprehensive set of resources to use within your It Takes Two to Talk Programs, as well as in your everyday work with families (valued at $215)
- Access to the member-only It Takes Two to Talk Parent workbook designed specifically for use in one-to-one therapy
- A one-year, renewable Hanen membership offering ongoing opportunities to enhance your clinical skills
What professionals say:
- “This will completely change my way of working. It has challenged some ingrained practices and I feel I have evolved as a therapist as a result.” – Hanen Certified SLT (London, UK)
- “This workshop was amazing, really well structured and flowed nicely. I liked that it was interactive and we had lots of opportunities to practice.” – Hanen Certified SP (Sydney, Australia)
- “As a young person and a new graduate, I feel much more confident in my ability to provide coaching for the parents that I work with.” – Hanen Certified SP and Student Subsidy Award Winner