- This event has passed.
Executive Functioning (EF)
13 November 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm HKT
How do executive functioning difficulties impede a child’s behaviour in school and in home settings?
How to develop interventions to help a child develop their executive functioning skills?
About the talk:
Executive Functioning allow people to plan, organize and complete tasks. In this talk, Dr. Linda Berman, will explain in detail how this affects children. Outline of the talk is as follow:
- What is executive functioning (EF)?
- How is executive functioning different than intelligence (IQ)?
- Differences between executive functioning difficulties and learning disabilities
- Relationship between executive function difficulties and other clinical diagnoses (ADHD, ODD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Anxiety, and Depression)
- Development of executive functioning abilities
- Assessment of executive function capacities
- Interventions for executive function difficulties
- School-based interventions for executive function difficulties
- Examples of executive function interventions as it applies to reading, writing, math and social skills
- How parents and other adults can facilitate development of executive functioning skills?
About the speaker:
Dr. Linda Berman is a licensed clinical psychologist of the State of New York, USA. She received a Master’s degree in Educational Psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and her Ph.D. degree in Clinical Psychology from the New School for Social Research, in New York.
Previously, Dr. Berman worked at Long Island Jewish-Hillside Medical Center in New York, in the Department of Child Development and the Adolescent Day Hospital. Currently, Dr. Berman resides in both Hong Kong and New York, spending about half a year in each city.
Target: Parents/Educators who are interested in understanding Executive Functioning
Date: 13th Nov 2017 (Monday)
Speaker: Dr Linda Berman Ph.D
Cost: $500 (per person) (Free of charge for Parents & Teachers under OPRS)
Enquiry: Clara Foo, social worker (e-mail: email@example.com) Tel: 2377-9666; Fax: 2377 9066