ECE (SEN) Teacher / Special Child Care Worker
- 27 July 2022
- Posted by: CDC
- Category: Careers,
Job Reference Number: SENT / SCCW
- Consistently provide an excellent standard of teaching for young children with a wide variety of abilities.
- Assess both formally and informally and devise individual learning plans.
- Create interesting and engaging lesson plans.
- Work closely with parents of children with additional needs.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of early childhood development.
- Plan interesting and engaging lessons for a variety of classes for children aged between 18 birth and six years old.
- Set appropriate developmental goals and devise activities to meet those goals,
- Maintain up to date, organised records and reports regarding children’s learning.
- Maintain up to date, organised lesson plans.
- Develop positive relationships with parents.
- Supervise classroom assistants and/or volunteers.
- Create organised and tidy classrooms with interesting visual and sensory materials.
- Be a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to write reports in both English and Chinese
- A recognised relevant degree in ECE plus SEN training/ PGDE (Special Education) or recognised training qualification in Special Child Care Work
- A minimum of two years Special Child Care Worker experience with pre-school or school-aged children is desirable.
- Experienced in teaching children with additional needs, including need for behavioural and or sensory support.
- Familiar with AACs, PECS, and Makaton.
- Fluent Cantonese and English, written and spoken; Mandarin an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Excellent observation and assessment skills.
- Hong Kong permanent resident status is desirable.
- Be able to work under pressure and be flexible.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Five-day working week (may include Saturday and or early evening).
- Friendly working environment.
Please submit your application letter and full resume with availability, current and expected salary directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please quote the post you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- Candidates not invited for an interview within two months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used only for employment-related purposes.