4th Floor, Prime Mansion, 183-187 Johnston Rd., Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Dr. Yvonne Becher
Acting Chief Executive | Director, Programme Development & Learning
Ph.D (HKU), MClinPsych
A dedicated and experienced psychologist, Yvonne has provided consultancy for UNICEF-led projects and partners with The University of Hong Kong on projects regarding early childhood development.
A mother of two with a passion to build a more tolerant and accepting society, Yvonne has been a long-term CDC staff member, from 2004 to 2008, rejoining in 2011. Previously, Yvonne worked as a psychologist both in private clinics and at other non-governmental organisations (NGO) in Hong Kong, and provided services as a psychologist and researcher for government assessment centres and hospitals in Australia. She currently is a Honorary Research Associate in the Faculty of Education, Hong Kong University. Yvonne values the CDC’s multi-disciplinary approach, and its emphasis on the individual needs of each child and family.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Psychology, University of Tasmania, Australia
- Master of Clinical Psychology, Macquarie University, Australia
- PhD in Special Education (school readiness), The University of Hong Kong
- Registered psychologist in Australia and Hong Kong
- Member, College of Educational & Developmental Psychologists (APS)
- Accredited facilitator for Group Triple P (Positive Parenting Programme) courses
- Accredited facilitator for Group Stepping Stones Triple P (Positive Parenting Programme for children with special needs) courses
- Co-Vice Chairperson, Playright Children’s Play Association