4th Floor, Prime Mansion, 183-187 Johnston Rd., Wan Chai, Hong Kong
B.Ed (Hons) (Special Needs)
A long-term CDC teacher, Joan has a firm belief we must allow each child to learn in their own way.
Joan has been with the CDC since 2008. She is a trained Special Needs Teacher who has a great commitment to working with children with special needs. She enjoys working with children across the ASD spectrum, and loves the opportunity to learn from colleagues of multiple disciplines. Joan is also passionate in teaching mathematics in a fun and meaningful way to young children. She has completed her Numicon Intervention Programme Training in the UK and is accredited to carry out the intervention programme. She hopes her experience and knowledge can help our children flourish.
- Bachelor of Education (Hons) in Special Needs, The Hong Kong Institute of Education
- Certificate of Completion in Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication Handicapped Children(TEACCH)
- Trained in the Pyramid Approach to Behaviour Intervention
- Trained in the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Certified in Numicon Intervention Programme (NIP)
- Trained in Handwriting without tears (HWWT)
- Trained in Jolly Phonics