The Numicon Diagnostic Assessment is for children who are experiencing difficulties with maths. It is suitable for children aged 6- 11 years that will attend the Numicon Primary Group, the Numicon 1-1 programme.
The assessment includes preliminary results on the day of assessment, a full written report within two weeks plus a parent meeting for a more detailed discussion of the results.
- Identifies a baseline of strengths and needs that determines the starting point for the child.
- Covers the following areas:
- Oral counting.
- Counting objects.
- Recognising, naming and writing numerals.
- Recognising and creating sequences.
- Comparing number, the same, smaller than, bigger than.
- Recognising place value; hundreds, tens and units.
- Recognising and naming arithmetic symbols.
- Adding and subtracting.
- Fluent recall of +/- facts.
- Multiplying and dividing.
Find out more about the impact of Numicon through case studies and research: http://www.oxfordprimary.co.uk/numicon