- 28 April 2017
- Posted by: CDC
- Category: Job Openings,
Job Reference Number: LT
- Operate under and alongside the Chief Executive, Executive Committee and Senior Leadership Team.
- Keep up to date with developments in education, practices and new resources both in Hong Kong and overseas.
- Oversee the interpretation of teaching data in order to better understand the strengths and needs of teaching within the CDC and to inform future direction.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching practices for both whole group and individual learning.
- Oversee the teachers and teaching assistants to ensure an exceptional delivery of the CDC curriculum and Individual Learning Pathways.
- Oversee the collection of teaching data to reflect the development and progress of children’s learning.
- Ensure policies, practices and procedures are followed, evaluated and developed.
- Manage professional development, supervision and performance management of teachers.
- Organise the teacher’s individual, weekly and day-to-day schedules.
- Manage teacher cover on a daily basis when shortages occur.
- Participate in the selection and appointment of staff.
- Support the teaching team through class observation and feedback and facilitate individual and group training sessions.
Children and Families:
- Understand the needs of individual children and provide information and guidance to their families.
- Advise parents on education services available to children with special educational needs in the wider community.
- Deliver workshops and presentations internally and externally for parents and professionals.
- Promote the rights of children with special needs in Hong Kong.
- Recognised degree or equivalent in education or early-years education, Post Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Education.
- Have at least five years experience in working with pre-school children with special needs.
- Act as a teacher in the usual capacity within the CDC.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- MPF, medical and dental benefits.
- 5-day working week (may include Saturday and or early evening).
- Friendly working environment.
- Interested parties, please submit your application letter and full resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with current and expected salary and earliest available date.
- Candidates not invited for interview within two months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purpose.