- This event has passed.
SAHK – 1-day “Beckman Oro-facial Deep Tissue Release” (CA-16A-02)
4 April 2016 @ 9:15 am - 6:30 pm HKTHKD4300
Participants should have completed the “Beckman Oral Motor Assessment & Intervention”
- practice specific deep tissue release for the upper and lower lips, upper and lower cheeks, midface, jaw, and tongue. These interventions focus on increased range of movement for these structures
- have the opportunity to review techniques acquired from the 2-day workshop
- be invited to bring videotaped case studies for discussion and problem solving.
Core Course Contents:
- intervention options for mobility of the lips, cheeks, midface, jaw, and tongue
- problem solve issues regarding client specific oral motor and mealtime concerns
- oral motor assessment & intervention techniques as determined by the participants.
Ms. Debra Beckman has worked in the field of communicative disorders since 1975, specializing in motor speech disorders. She has worked in a variety of settings, including schools, hospitals, universities, home-bound and nursing homes. She has served as a court appointed witness regarding services for the developmentally disabled. Ms. Beckman has published articles in professional books, journals, monographs; and in Exceptional Parent magazine. She has been awarded a US patent for a therapeutic oral probe.
- speech therapists
- occupational therapists
Early bird (before 29 Feb 2016) price: $3800HKD