- This event has passed.
Level 1 Workshop: “A Three-Part Treatment Plan For Oral Placement Therapy” (2-Day)
9 July 2016 @ 9:00 am - 10 July 2016 @ 5:30 pm HKTHKD4000
See how 60 fun-to-use therapy exercises can be used to improve phonation, resonation, and speech clarity. Interactive, hands-on demonstrations will focus on therapeutically sound techniques that develop the oral muscle placement needed for improving speech clarity: abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue dissociation and grading. Your child and adult clients will actually want to do them because OPT exercises are fun and working effectively!
Level 1 Learning Outcomes
You will be able to:
- Understand Oral Placement/ Feeding/ Speech problems based on muscle system deficits
- Integrate hierarchies for oral motor Dissociation and Grading (Jaw-Lips-Tongue
- Learn therapeutic intervention strategies that address physiological and muscle-based speech disorders
- Appropriately apply almost 60 new Oral Placement Therapy techniques into your therapy
- Learn to use Oral Placement techniques to improve individual feeding, speech clarity and production