- This event has passed.
Intensive Summer Reading & Language Art Program
4 July 2016 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 pm HKTHKD12,000
F.O.C.U.S. will again be offering an intensive Summer Reading and Language Arts Program for children and teenagers ages 6-15 years. The classes will be led by experienced Master’s Degree Reading Specialists from the USA, helping children who are struggling with their reading and writing capabilities because of SLD or AD/HD to become stronger readers and feel confidence.
A multi-sensory approach to reading and an individually tailored reading and writing program will be used to enhance the child’s literacy skills and confidence.
The format is highly individualized instruction and remidiation that is tailored to each child’s learning needs complemented by small group interaction with a teacher-student ratio of 1:3.
Why the Summer Reading Program?
Effective reading instruction can prevent or improve reading problems in many youngsters. Children with Specific Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) may need more intensive instruction and greater opportunities for practice than do regular achieving reader in order to learn to read well. Providing this kind of intensive help as early as possible is essential, because reading difficulties often become more problematic to remediate over time.
What will your child get out of the class?
- Individualized Reading and Writing Profile to address your child’s learning challenges and needs.
- A multi-sensory approach to reading and an individually tailored reading and writing program will be used to strengthen the child’s literacy skills and confidence.
- Education instruction and remediation depends upon each child’s reading abilities and learning profile.
- July 4th-29th, 2016 (4-week class)
- July 4th-15th or July 18th-29th, 2016 (2-week class)
- Mondays to Fridays
- 9:00am-10:30am (Session A)
- 11:00am-12:30pm (Session B)
- HK$12,000 (30 hrs; 4 weeks one session or 2 weeks both sessions)
- HK$6,000 (15 hrs; 2-weeks one session)
- 4 July 2016
9:00 am - 10:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- School Readiness, Social Skills, Speech & Language